6401 W Tennessee St # 28 Tallahassee, Fl 32304
I am a recent Mechanical Engineering graduate who has participated in projects, leadership activities, and internships. I am seeking an opportunity to further my skillset after having to take some time off to help with ill family members.
● University of Central Florida - Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Graduated: Dec 2014
● TCC, Tallahassee Community College - Associates in Arts: General Transfer Graduated: May 2010 (with Honors)
● Manufacturing w/ Machine Shop Lab ● Technical Entrepreneurship
● Small Satellites and Payloads Integration ● Technical Writing
● Summer 2015 NASA AMES MARTI Program Coordinator – Moffett Field, CA - Worked with students and professionals to manage and organize the Multidisciplinary Aeronautics Research Team Initiative (MARTI) at NASA Ames Research Center, formerly the NASA Aeronautics Academy. Worked on organizing events and tours, developing contacts, setting up speakers, and developing documentation.
● Summer 2014 NASA MSFC Propulsion Academy - Huntsville, AL - Worked on designing and constructing a payload to control spin in sounding rockets. Focused on designing and testing a no-moving-parts check valve using COMSOL CFD and a flow bench. Worked with 3D printing methods and vendors to manufacture the valves.
● Fall 2013 NASA GSFC Internship - Greenbelt, MD - Worked with the program ANSYS Workbench to simulate propellant slosh as seen in spacecraft propellant tanks. Learned how to use ANSYS CFX and ANSYS Mechanical. Then coupled both programs to perform Fluid Structure Interaction analysis.
● Summer 2013 JBT Aerotech Internship - Orlando, FL - Worked with the program PLM NX and TeamCenter to design and test new air nozzle design for the deicer product line. Also participated in patent review database and collaboration with international contractors.
● Summer 2012 Pratt and Whitney Internship - San Antonio, TX - Worked with the program PLM NX 6 to log tool drawings, develop tool drawings, design and prototype tools needed for the repair shop. Also worked with the onsite machine shop for development and priced materials needed.
● Fall 2010 to Summer 2011 CATER Research Assistant - Orlando, FL - Worked with the program Gambit/Fluent and Star CCM+ to simulate general film cooling models, commonly used to cool power turbine blades. Also worked as a general lab assistant with instrument calibration and thermocouple construction.
● Summer 2010, DOE/NSF Summer Internship: Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY - Participated in a summer research project concerning improving efficiencies in home heating boilers. Outcome included a prototype design, poster, abstract, and paper rough draft. Abstract in the Department of Energy’s Journal of Undergraduate Research.
● Spring 2015 & Spring 2016 CCTS Space Congress Conference Planning Committee Member
● Spring 2014 SEDS NASA Student Launch
Initiative (USLI) Safety Officer
● Spring 2014 SEDS Weather Balloon Payload Competition
● Spring 2014 EWB Bithlo Aquaponics Project ● Spring 2013 SEDS Ground Support Project Lead
● Fall 2012 Sales Engineering Club Founding Member
● Fall 2011-Spring 2012 EWB Mare Bringnol Project
● Fall 2011 SEDS 10,000 ft Rocket Competition
● Fall 2009 – Spring 2010 Hybrid Rocket Competition Team Lead
● Experienced with Mac OS, Proficient Microsoft Windows OS, Linux Ubuntu OS
● General Programs –Proficient Microsoft Office, Proficient AutoCAD, Novice Inventor, Novice Solidworks, Proficient LabVIEW, Novice MathCAD, Novice Matlab, Proficient PLM NX
● CFD – Proficient with Gambit/Fluent, Novice Star CCM +, Proficient ANSYS CFX/Workbench
● Tooling –Novice MIG welding, Novice Engine Lathe, Novice Upright Mill, Proficient Soldering
● Summer 2013 – Spring 2014 SEDS UCF, Vice President
● Summer 2011 – Spring 2012 SEDS UCF, Officer of External Affairs ● Spring 2011 ASME SPDC Conference Committee Member
● Summer 2009 – Spring 2010 TCC Engineering Club, President