o Obtain a mechanical engineering internship in test, controls, or systems engineering.
o B.S.: Mechanical Engineering; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
o Expected graduation date: May 2017
o GPA: 3.36/4.00
ENGINEERING DESIGN TEAMS AND LEADERSHIP
o Virginia Tech Astrobotics Team (Jan 2014-Present)
Objective: Compete on a multidisciplinary team designing and building an autonomous mining robot for NASA’s Robotic Mining Competition.
- OpenCV HUD for video feed
- Auger Testing Rig
- Modular controls box
- Obstacle avoidance system
- IR beacon localization system
- Carbon Fiber regolith collection bucket
- Lead team from 82nd to 48th percentile in overall placing
- Lead team from 36th to 14th place in mining
- Chief of recruiting
- Orchestrate team meetings
- Analyze team solutions for feasibility
- Uphold EHS health and safety standards in project bay
- Maintain and calibrated team 3D Printer
- Coordinate marketing and outreach efforts
- Manage Team Gantt Chart
o T.E.K. (Teaching Electronics and Kinematics) Robotics (Jan 2013-Present)
Objective: Design and build a robot using the VEX robotics platform to complete a physical challenge.
Additive Manufacturing Grand Challenge: Designed a pan-tilt mechanism for a 3D printed robotic vehicle to compete in an obstacle course at with the T.E.K Officers.
SEC (Student Engineers Council) Representative:
- Charter Member
- Obtained over $4000 in funds for the organization
- Organized the team’s events at SEC outreach events
- 100% attendance at SEC meetings for 2 years
INTERNSHIPS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
o Mechatronics Lab (March 2015-Present)
- ME Department Inventory Project: Developing a department-wide inventory system to track purchases and inventory in project management software.
- NSF Innovation Corps: Generated a business model with a group of students for an HDR camera system as part of a National Science Foundation initiative.
- NASA Space Robotics Challenge Proposal: Wrote a proposal with other students and faculty for a grant and a NASA R5 (Valkyrie) humanoid robot for testing and validation purposes.
o Space Frontier Foundation (March 2015-Present)
-NewSpace News Editor: Collaborate with other volunteers across the country, writing and editing articles for a monthly newsletter that summarizes the events in the private space industry for.
-March Storm: Advised congressional offices in D.C. on policy and current legislation relating to the space industry with a team of students and industry professionals.
o Design Software: SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, LTSpice, FEA
o Programming: LabVIEW – CLAD Certified, MATLAB, Simulink, Mathematica, C++ - OpenCV, Java, Energia
o Manufacturing: Ware Lab Machine Shop certified, 3D printing, soldering
o Systems Engineering: Gantt Chart, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, FMEA, Resource Allocation
o Foreign Languages: Conversational Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish, beginner German
o Business: Business Modeling, Market Research, Fund Raising