5718 Flagler Dr ? Centreville, VA 20120
Phone: 571-528-1752 ? E-Mail: email@example.com
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University August 2014-Present
* Majors: Aerospace Engineering (Astronautical)
* Grade: Sophomore
* Minor: Math
* Cumulative GPA: 3.28 / 4.00
* Predicted Graduation Date: May 2018
Westfield High School September 2010-June 2014
* Advanced Technical Diploma.
* GPA: 4.14 / 4.00
Aspiring Scientists Summer Internship Program June 20-August 7, 2013
* Completed a project on utilizing cervical bone texture analysis to detect variation in bone density in clinical brain MRIs.
* Mentored by Professor Vasiliki N. Ikonomidou of George Mason University’s Biomedical Engineering Department.
* Actively learned how to implement Matlab in a laboratory setting for data analysis of concentration in MRIs.
STEM Workshop for Girls 2013-Present
* Presented workshops on chemistry and physics to girls at London Towne Elementary School.
* Received extensive classroom experience with AutoCAD, Inventor, C++, Matlab, and Python.
* Certified in Adobe Certified Associate: Visual Communication using Adobe Photoshop CS5; Microsoft Office Specialist: Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007; Internet and Computing Core Certification: IC3 GS3 Windows 7/Office 2010-Computing Fundamentals, Living Online, and Key Applications.
Design, Build, Fly Design Team September 5, 2015-present
* Involved in the design, analysis, and construction of the flight capabilities of unmanned, electric powered, radio controlled aircrafts which meet the specified mission profile. Part of the Aerodynamics sub-team that uses airfoils to determine whether the wing design provides the optimal conditions for flight.
Students for the Exploration and Development of Space September 5, 2015-present
* Active Secretary/Publicity Officer of SEDS. Duties include updating the chapter’s website http://www.seds.org.vt.edu, attending Space Vision conferences, and coordinating meetings.
Virginia Tech Bhangra Team 2014-Present
* Involved in Bhangra, a competitive Indian Dance Team: 2nd place at Sunset Bhangra and Nachde Nashville.
Society of Women Engineers September 5, 2014-Present
* Active member of SWE which aims to empower women in engineering. Attends meetings where women in the engineering field share their experiences.