Jonathan D. Jennings
Current Address: 1704 Jackson St.
Columbia, MO 65202
Objective: I am seeking a full-time position where my project management, technical, intellectual, hands-on, and teamwork skills will be utilized to provide realistic solutions.
Available - MAY, 2016.
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
Bachelors of Science - Mechanical Engineering January 2011 – May 2016
• Aerospace Minor – Math Minor – Deans List Member
• 2015 ASME Gold “Charles T. Main” Student Leadership Award.
• Curtis L. Benton and Barbara Kortright Benton Scholarship
• Experimental Sounding Rocket Associations Runner-up “R. Gill Moore Innovator Award”.
• Advised two capstone groups with the production of powder based HP inkjet 3D printers
• Advised a capstone group during the production of a recycled plastics filament extruder
• Fused deposition modeling undergraduate research on the strength of PLA welds
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
President September 2013 – September 2014
• Organized two MAE electives forums and two Industrial Advisory Council forums.
• Managed the design and production team in the creation of a successful competition UAV.
• Participated in three national conventions, three student professional development conferences. and a student leadership seminar by ASME.
• Participated in the finals round of the inaugural IAM3D additive manufacturing competition.
Student Sections Executive Committee- Chair Region 2 April 2014 - Present
• Responsible for the organization, communication, and participation of all ASME student sections in fourteen and a half states and three Canadian Provinces.
• Helped repurpose and reorganize the student section executive committee during the “ASME One” transition.
• Created the Student Sections Best Practices video that was posted on the national ASME website to provide an example for other student sections.
Student Sections Executive Committee- Member-at-Large August 2015 – Present
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
President September 2013 – September 2014
Vice-President Fall 2015
Treasurer September 2012– September 2013
• Managed the design and production teams that created five successful competition vehicles.
• In charge of mitigation reports and launch safety during the operations of five vehicles.
• Placed fourth at three Experimental Sounding Rocket Associations – Intercollegiate Rocket Engineering Competitions.
Students for the Exploration and Development of Space
Founder/President October 2014 – Present
• Applied for and was granted Organization status by University of Missouri-Columbia.
• Founded, funded, and managed the design and build portions of the USRC Rocket, GSBC high altitude balloon and Satellites around Mars competition teams.
• Awarded platinum pass to attend the Satellite 2015 conference and exhibition.
Project Manager – University Student Rocketry Challenge Fall 2015
• Tasked to coordinate and manage the University Student Rocketry Challenge
• Perform rules development, team registration and coordination, judge determination, and conduct the contest.
• Develop and provide incentives for added participation in the competition, as well as competition partnerships and manage staff
Print Anything @ Mizzou Initiative
Tech/Sales – Additive Manufacturing March 2015 – Aug 2015
• Aided the design of prototypes and general products.
• In charge of prototype production.
• Responsible for training new tech members.
Owner/Operator – Lawn Care / Landscaping / Light Construction February 2003 – May 2012
• Managed a three person crew.
• Performed all sales, advertising, customer relations, finances, and general operations.
• Responsible for all equipment maintenance and repairs.
• Managed, evaluated, repaired and maintained commercial properties.
Sales Supervisor – Sales December 2005 – January 2007
• Supervised two four person crews and closed all contracts.
• Responsible for training new crew members.
• Received one and two emerald achievement pins for exceptional sales.
Citizens for Space Exploration
Missouri Student Ambassador May 2014 & May 2015
• Our team of students aided by industry professionals traveled to Washington D.C. to advocate for space industry.
• Attended Senate and Congressional offices to discuss the benefits of the Space Launch System, deep space exploration, and to push a stable budget for N.A.S.A.
Missouri Student Storm Trooper March 2015
• Our group of private citizens traveled to Washington D.C. to present five bills that would make commercial space industry viable.
• We were invited to the White House science and technology building when the Cheap Access to Space (CATS) bill was adopted by Dana Rohrabacher during our trip.
Academy of Fine Arts & Early Childhood Development Learning Center
Teacher/Tutor December 2008 – January 2009
• Responsible for the supervision and transportation of school age children.
• Created lesson plans.
• Tutored School age children in general studies.
Other Volunteer Experiences
• March Sky K-12 Rocketry camp – Founder, organizer, fundraiser. 2013&2014
• First Lego Robotics League- Course re setter/ student sections manager. 2014
• MS 150 – Motorcycle escort. 2013
• SolidWorks, AutoCad, Matlab, Simulink, STK, Microsoft Office, Repetier Host, Makerware
• Leadership, public speaking, machining, manufacturing, design, project planning, project management, procurement, additive manufacturing, carbon fiber production, sales, customer service, troubleshooting, materials science, explosives, safety management.
• High power rocketry, computer hardware, microcontrollers, small electronics, small engines, automotive repair, unmanned aerial vehicles, R.C. vehicles, aviation, and everything involving space travel.