SUMEET.BATRA@COLORADO.EDU, COLORADO; 720-454-4821 (M) www.linkedin.com/pub/sumeet-batra/55/80b/1a/
Seeking Summer 2016 internship in order to apply my acquired programming skills, leadership skills, industry training, and education to contribute to company initiatives.
Pursuing BS in Computer Science (freshman) Graduation: May 2019
University of Colorado Boulder
• Graduated with Honors, Denver School of Science and Technology
• Attended Stanford High School Summer Institute, Summer 2014 for Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
• Awarded AP Scholar with Honor and AP Scholar with Distinction for excellent performance on multiple AP exams
• ACT Score: 34/36, SAT II Math Level 2: 790/800, SAT II Chemistry: 800/800
• Technical Skills: Java and Python experience Basic understanding of electronics and circuits
Participated in the Denver School of Science and Technology’s Entrepreneurship competition Jan. – March., 2014
• Placed among the top 3 teams for best company and product idea
• Created an idea to remotely use and control graphics-intensive programs on a client PC on a different network without the need for a modern, dedicated graphics card on the client
• Worked with CIO’s to generate ideas and solidify key concepts for my technology product for the competition
Interned at Convercent, a compliance management company, Denver, CO September – Dec. 2013
• Conducted market research about potential customers in new and existing verticals, which was utilized for market expansion
• Created useful prototypes for mobile app interfaces and gained a greater understanding of the importance of how people interact with technology
• Gained a greater understanding of how companies are structured and produce products, including differences between agile and waterfall development.
LEADERSHIP AND INVOLVEMENT
Volunteer, KidsTek Mentorship Program for Underprivileged Students, Aurora, CO Nov-Dec. 2011, 2012
• Assisted Sr. Mentors with implementing technology projects with students.
• Assisted students in the use of computer software and conducting research
Actively participated in Denver and Boulder New Tech Meetups, and attended Tech Stars and Silicon Flatiron Events
• Interacted with prominent C-level executives who provided understanding of real time business / IT challenges and approaches adopted by them to solve issues. E.g., networked with, and received mentorship from Dell’s Chief Strategy Officer (M&A).
Provided mentorship and tutoring for struggling students in both Pre-Calculus and AP Calculus AB
• Provided 1-on-1 tutoring with an individual struggling in Pre-Calculus
• Assisted with problem sets and test corrections for multiple students in Calculus
Junior Achievement Business Week Entrepreneurship Program: 1st place in 2013, Highest Shareholder Value in 2014
Attended CIO 100 Conference Award Ceremony and Networking sessions, 2013
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
• Published an article about the possibility of colonizing Mars by 2025, including the technologies required to accomplish such a feat, and the potential obstacles
• Published an article on the psychological impact of video games on children and their developing minds
• Wrote a research paper on the impact of the digital revolution on modern technology, as well as understanding the impact of current technologies such as augmented reality, IoT, and quantum computing
• Wrote a paper on the impact of IoT on society today, and how it will grow in the future