11973 Avenida Marcella, El Cajon San Diego, CA 92019 ∎ 707-419-9605 ∎ Alsindy1994@gmail.com
B.S of Chemical Engineering University of California, San Diego Expected Graduation: June 2017
Associate Degree in Math and Science Cuyamaca Community College, San Diego, CA. Graduation Date: May 2014
RELEVANT COURSE WORK:
Engin. Comp Using MATLAB/ Process Modeling & Computing/Chem Engn/ Introduction to Java Prog/ Mechanics & Heat/ Electricity & Magnetism/ Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics/ Organic Chemistry/ Chemical Reaction Engineering
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, MATLAB, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SolidWorks • Language: Fluent in English and Arabic
Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems
Optical Engineering Intern (06/2015-09/2015)
•Worked with optical component testing in the Fiber Optic Gyro Lab.
•Contribution to Fiber Optic Gyro model by performing wavelength testing on fiber optic couplers and Integrated Optical Circuits using an Optical Spectrum Analyzer
•Operation and maintenance of Arc Fusion Splicers and Optical Reflectometers.
•Incorporated a new technology for a BFS system which is part of the Technology Underground Research.
Stable Isotope Lab
Undergraduate Researcher (04/2015-present) • Designed and built a vacuum reaction line to fluorinate water, which was extracted from an artificial Mars sample that
participated in a photolysis experiment with water and oxygen, to measure triple oxygen isotope.
• Working towards determining the rate of isotopic exchange between the water, oxygen and the artificial Mars sample using the designed line.
Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (http://seds.ucsd.edu/) (03/2015-present) Engine Team
•Vulcan 1 Rocket – Currently working on "Vulcan 1" Rocket project that will use a 3-D printed engine and liquid propellant to reach an altitude of 10,000 feet for the NSRA competition in June 2015. The organization has received attention on NBC News, Yahoo News, Space.com, and the Discovery Channel. SEDS@UCSD won best design in DIY Rockets’ 3D Rocket Challenge, 1st place in NewSpace Competition, and Best Technical Project at the 2013 SpaceVision Conference
•Designing the next 3D printed injector plate that will go on the combustion chamber.
SEDS “MoonShot Alpha” Project (03/2015-present) Engine Team
•Working towards designing, building and landing a lunar lander on the Moon.
•Building a CubeSat, which will be our communications relay, and it will help us with NASA’s $3 million dollar competition.
•Utilizes SolidWorks to design the Cubesat engine based on NASA's specific guidelines. This engine would provide high thrust because of its shorter transition periods between lunar orbits.
•Attempting to prove that the complex geometrical passages in the injector plate that 3D printing provides will allow us to print a more efficient engine.
“Solar PV System Performance in Nepal” Research Project (01/2015- present) Undergraduate Researcher
• Developing an educational tool that shows how the efficiency of the solar PV technology changes to the ambient conditions. • Analyzing and identifying the missing data from the LiveData Solar PV Plants installed in Kathmandu Nepal.
• Utilizing the Plant 1,2,3 RIDS-Nepal Hourly Data from 2012-2015 to conceptualize Power Output and Efficiency to students.
American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) at UCSD (10/2014 – present) External Committee Officer
• Organize/plan out company tours for chemical engineering students at UCSD.
• Arranged outreach plan with industry to represent the opportunities offered for students. • Contributed to fundraising strategies to ensure that the club is financially organized.
The Micro Connection Enterprises, Inc. (10/2013 – 12/2013) Lab Assistant
• Performed laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations. • Tested, assembled, reworked and refurbished pieces of assorted cosmetic and skincare products.
• Worked with chemical technicians to ensure maximum output levels and efficient running of production facility. • Involved in building small-scale models of the actual processing facilities.
Sea World San Diego Theme Park (05/2013 – 09/2014) Assistant Supervisor
• Maintained inventory control at multiple locations.
• Expanded the photo departments’ per cap by adding numerous new pricing during the summer. • Trained team members to use the new Gratitude Mix computer benefits program.
• Cuyamaca Community College President List.
• Published photographer in San Diego Magazine.
• Published blogger/photographer in WordPress.com.
• The Osher Foundation Scholarship
• GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Scholarship.
• The Bhat Family Alumni Leadership Scholarship