R. Spencer Hallyburton
145 Linnaean Street (919) 730-6408 2505 Evans Street
Cambridge, MA 02138 Durham, NC, 27705
HARVARD UNIVERSITY Cambridge, MA
Anticipated S.B in Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 4.0/4.0 May 2018
Coursework: Computer Science, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Computer-Aided Design, Physics (Mechanics and Relativity, E&M), Seminar: ‘The Biology and Science of Cancer’, Quantum Mechanics
DURHAM ACADEMY HIGH SCHOOL Durham, NC
GPA: 4.12/4.3 (un-weighted). SAT: 2250. May 2014
Senior Class Award. Cum Laude Society. Male Scholar-Athlete selection. Lacrosse Academic All-American.
UNITED THERAPEUTICS CORPORATION June-August, 2015
Intern, Business Development
• Collaborated with BD Director to identify and evaluate opportunities in the healthcare field
• Performed quantitative market and financial analyses of clinical and preclinical data
• Prepared presentations and reports detailing market strategy and acquisition targets
DUKE UNIVERSITY – THERIEN LAB GROUP Durham, NC
Lab Assistant May 2014
• Collected solution spectroscopy results with lab researchers using laser optic materials.
• Observed wet lab and dry lab chemical spectroscopy techniques.
ROBERT S. HALLYBURTON BUILDING COMPANY Durham, NC
Carpenter June-August, 2013 – 2014
• Assisted in building and remodeling 3 houses alongside professional carpenters and laborers.
• Operated heavy machinery and skilled-labor tools
Leadership and Activities
DURHAM ACADEMY HONOR COUNCIL Durham, NC
President, Member August 2010 – May 2014
• Headed school’s 12-person student-run academic honor council for student body of 400.
• Organized and conducted education assemblies and informational videos about honor and honor code
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA Durham, NC
Boy Scout, Eagle Scout, Order of the Arrow March 2007 – December 2014
• Earned Eagle Scout rank after leading team of 8 scouts in building a durable, white oak table.
• Represented 10 scouts and coordinated troop council meetings of 50 scouts as a patrol leader.
• Inducted into the Order of the Arrow Honor Society.
Technical Skills and Design Projects
Web Design: Designed and implemented music sharing site (soon accessible under domain: www.jam-on.net)
Engineering Design Project: Used CAD software, 3D printers, and CNC milling to create remote control robot
Skills & Interests
3rd place finisher in the SIFMA NC stock market competition 2013-14 (28% net return).
Language: Spanish (Advanced).
Interests: Avid sports fan, member of the Harvard Jazz Band, state chess champion.
High school varsity Soccer and Lacrosse team captain.
Other: Constructed a cow for the International Cow Parade.