Director of Lunar Programs
Patrick Clifton Gray Permanent Address
firstname.lastname@example.org 2331 Carmel Dr.
Cell: 252-256-2183 Palo Alto, CA 94303
Education: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, May 2014
Major in Computer Science, Minor in Business
➢ Morehead-Cain Scholar - full merit scholarship to UNC Chapel Hill including four fully funded summer programs
➢ Semester in the Honors Program Exchange at the National University of Singapore (Spring 2013)
➢ 2012 North Carolina Space Grant Undergraduate Research Scholar
➢ 2010 MATE ROV Robotics Competition International Champion
WayPaver Labs, Director of Lunar Programs, Chattanooga, TN, USA 2015, Aug. – Present
• serve as project manager for WayPaver’s Lunar Research Park and Lunar Colonization Accelerator
• advise Managing Director and leadership team on the strategic direction of the organization
• lead product development for WayPaver’s suite of space and sustainability enabling products
Moon Express - Software Engineer, Mountain View, CA, USA 2014, June - 2015, May
• develop the MoonEx Ground Data Systems to support the MX-1 Lander and related testing
• support the Software/Avionics teams via internal tools, web apps, build systems, server mgmt, and embedded systems
Nanopop - Software Engineering Intern, Rio de Janiero, Brazil 2013, May - Aug.
• assisted the CTO in developing the company’s Android app and handling all IT needs
UNC Assistive Robotics Lab - Research Assistant, Chapel Hill, NC, USA 2012 Aug. - Dec.
• led a project to develop a 3D vision system for a humanoid robot
Atlasaur.com - Founder and Head Developer, Chapel Hill, NC, USA 2012, June - 2013 Aug.
• personally built a web app and company finding and sharing every place to adventure on Earth
Moon Express - Software Engineering Intern, Mountain View, CA, USA 2012, May - Aug.
• developed image processing modules, in Python and C#, for the first lunar observatory, Mission I-LOX
UNC IT Dept. - Residential Computing Consultant, Chapel Hill, NC, USA 2011 Aug. - 2012 Dec.
• responsible for over 300 residents and their technical well-being as an on-call computer technician
Sample of Software Engineering Projects:
➢ Lunar Imaging Subsystem (MoonEx) – developed motor/camera firmware and drivers, data pipeline, and an integrated mission operations and test system to successfully demo a lunar imaging system (C, Beaglebone, GoPro, ITOS, STOL, Procs, Linux)
➢ The Highlight Network (Personal, lead) – highly scalable video app changing the world of sports highlights; production environment with full user auth and profile system (Python, Google App Engine, Google Cloud Storage, JQuery, Mercurial, OAuth)
➢ 3D Depth Perception (Alterovitz Robotics Lab, lead) – integrated a Microsoft Kinect with a Linux system running ROS to give a small humanoid robot 3D vision for collision detection (C++, Linux, PointCloud API, OpenNI)
Computer Architecture and Design || Advanced Algorithms and Data Structures
Computer System Security || Computer Networking
Files and Databases || Digital Logic and Computer Design
Board Member, James L. Jenkins Memorial Scholarship 2014 May - Present
• organize and dispense funds for the Sigma Phi Society, the Alpha of North Carolina’s main scholarship program
Alumni Association Coordinator, SEDS-USA 2013 Oct - Present
• develop and lead the SEDS-USA Alumni Association from scratch to support the national mission
Head Organizer, Carolina Space Symposium 2011 Oct - 2012 May
Co-Founder and Academic Chair, Sigma Phi - Alpha of North Carolina 2011 Feb. - 2014 May
Founder and President, UNC Students for the Exp. and Dev. of Space (UNC SEDS) 2011 Jan - 2013 May
• started and led the chapter to over 40 members running numerous nationally known events and projects
➢ Strong personal skills and thoroughly enjoy working with a close knit team in a fast paced environment
➢ Solid intermediate level of Spanish, basic Chinese speaking and writing ability, basic Portuguese speaking and writing ability